My heart is caged in ice
Protected by covering of snow
Secluded, alone but safe
Yet, it wants to break the covering
But, the ice is too strong
I decorate its cage with snowflakes
And dried flower dust
I request it to remain
Hidden from everything outside
Away from the world
It fights me as I talk to people
Willing to break free
I don't want to mess up
I don't want to be taken advantage of
So, I contain it there
Late under moonlight
When its just me, the wind and moon
I feel spring come up, I hear the ice cracking
And nestle my heart in my warmth
Asking it to not be grieved, I forever know its here
I wrote this poem for the December Vibes Poetry Contest being hosted by Khushi and Kunjal@ Duo Disseminators. Check out their blog guys, they are splendid!!
Rules of the contest:
- Design a post of your own and link back to the original post to notify the creator. Unnotified posts will not be judged.
- Paste the rules of this contest on your post if you have a blog. If not, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your entry!
- Tag this post as December- Vibes- Poetry
- Last date of submission is 10 January.
- Word limit ranges to 200 words.
- Inappropriate content shall be disqualified
- You can send no more than 2 entries.
- Nominate at least 5 people to participate in this contest.
- Thee last date for submission is ***
- Its necessary that you all further nominate people for this contest so that it carries on as a tag too! And you have to create illustration/poster/abstract art/image that resonates with your poem.
The poster I made was:
Now, for the hardest part. I nominate everyone with W/I/N/T/E/R in their names! Hope you all will participate:)
I also nominate my 5 newest followers:
Poem inspired by Charles Bukowski